- First Lady Calls Military Spouse Employment a National Security Imperativeby Terri Moon Cronk on October 26, 2021 at 9:09 pm
First Lady Dr. Jill Biden emphasized the importance of how 45 new partners are joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership's existing 500 partners to support military spouses who are searching for employment.
- DOD Officials Testify Before Senate Panel on U.S. Actions in Afghanistanby Jim Garamone on October 26, 2021 at 5:40 pm
Defense Department officials praised the actions of U.S. service members in the non-combatant evacuation operation from Afghanistan and detailed how the department is working with other agencies to resettle the allies in the United States.
- U.S. Government Still Working to Evacuate Afghansby Jim Garamone on October 25, 2021 at 9:13 pm
The U.S. government is still working to continue the flow of American citizens and special immigrant visa holders out of Afghanistan, Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby said.
- DLA Tests of 3D Scanner Show Potential Benefitsby John Dwyer III, DLA Troop Support Public Affairs on October 22, 2021 at 3:27 pm
Defense Logistics Agency scientists are exploring 3D imaging as an early investment toward 3D printing with potential benefits across the agency.
- NATO Leaders Stress Unity at Conclusion of Defense Ministerialby Jim Garamone on October 22, 2021 at 12:49 pm
Both Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg stressed alliance unity at the end of the defense ministerial meeting in Brussels.
- Investments in Technology Crucial to Staying Ahead, Innovation Unit Director Saysby David Vergun on October 21, 2021 at 8:06 pm
An effective national technology strategy requires investments in critical and emerging technologies, the director of the Defense Innovation Unit said.
- NATO Ministers Bolster Alliance Deterrence, Defenseby Jim Garamone on October 21, 2021 at 7:44 pm
NATO defense ministers approved a plan that will make the alliance more responsive to the complex and changing security environment, Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said.
- DOD's PFAS Public Outreach Focuses on Cleanup Progress, PFAS-Free Firefighting Solutions, Officials Sayby David Vergun on October 21, 2021 at 6:12 pm
The Defense Department is working to develop new technologies that can speed up the cleanup effort, the deputy assistant secretary of defense for environment and energy resilience said.
- DOD Analysis Highlights Geostrategic Risks of Climate Changeby OFFICE OF THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF DEFENSE FOR STRATEGY, PLANS AND CAPABILITIES on October 21, 2021 at 4:58 pm
The Defense Department released an unclassified version of the Defense Climate Risk Analysis report, which provides a starting point for a shared understanding of the strategic and mission risks of climate change and lays out a path forward.
- DOD Begins Fielding 5G Communications to California First Respondersby David Vergun on October 21, 2021 at 4:13 pm
The Defense Innovation Unit announced a year-long prototyping project involving a private wireless 5G communications network for first responders in California, including the California National Guard.
- Army's 'Dragon's Lair' Opens to All Military Servicesby ARMY SGT. MAJ. ALEJANDRO LICEA on October 20, 2021 at 9:44 pm
The Army's XVIII Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg, N.C., initiated the Dragon's Lair program, a "Shark Tank"-style competition in which soldiers from across the Army pitched their innovations to a panel of civilian tech experts and military leaders.
- 'It Was Just Wild': Guardsmen Fight Fires From the Skyby Katie Lange on October 20, 2021 at 9:09 pm
In recent years, state governments have asked the National Guard to assist with wildfires when primary responders' resources are stretched thin. As always, the National Guard is more than ready to step up to the plate.
- NATO Secretary General Details Agenda for Defense Meetingby Jim Garamone on October 20, 2021 at 8:34 pm
NATO defense ministers are meeting in Belgium to chart the course for the alliance as it modernizes and adapts to a world dominated by strategic competition, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said.
- Defense Secretary Holds Talks in Romaniaby Jim Garamone on October 20, 2021 at 5:54 pm
Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III spoke with leaders in stalwart NATO ally Romania and then visited the U.S. forces who work day in and day out to make NATO a reality.
- Austin Works With Allies, Partners to Deter Russian Malign Activitiesby Jim Garamone on October 19, 2021 at 8:38 pm
Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III is visiting the front-line states of Georgia, Ukraine and Romania before traveling to Belgium for the NATO Defense Ministerial Meeting in Brussels.